Life Education New South Wales believes the foundation for a healthy future begins very early in a child's life. By instilling positive attitudes towards health and their bodies, and developing a strong sense of self-worth, young people are empowered to make safe and informed life choices.
Life Education NSW's early childhood program focuses on the health and wellbeing of pre-school age children. The program comprises a 45 minute interactive session in a pre-school environment using the following a variety of the following methodologies:
- Story telling
- Interactive play / group activities
- Music and song
- Content focuses on seven main areas:
- The body
- Personal hygiene
The Early Childhood program aims to:
Provide the knowledge and skills to help children make informed choices to lead a healthy and safe lifestyle.
Provide a positive, interactive and fun learning experience that will support children's learning and development for a healthy lifestyle.
Provide pre-school teachers with supporting resources that will extend the learning experiences from the Life Education session to the classroom and home environment.
Contribute to the development of a child's wellbeing by:
- Instilling in children a positive attitude toward life and their health
- Building on a child's mental, physical and social foundations
- Developing children's knowledge about their bodies through age appropriate anatomy and physiology of body
- Demonstrating the importance of balancing healthy eating, rest and exercise
- Complement the state and territory curriculum frameworks for the early years 3 to 5 years.
- The children receive an activity book which contains information covered in the session Preschool teachers are
provided with user
- friendly ideas for the classroom to reinforce the messages learnt in the session.